Frequent chat on TMP
15mm forum relates to size of dropships. Need one that looks like it
could land tanks, easily moveable, and not requiring a mortgage to
buy. As I have previously started small starships, and even finished
the occasional troop dropship I decided to try for something bigger.
Also because I saw
something pretty on Concept Ships. Lots of pretty over there.
Anyhow out came graph
paper to work out a basic concept. Then followed some swearing as I
proved to myself yet again that I can not do 3d cad.
Next trusty old drawing
board to draw out basic component shapes onto foamed pvc.
Then there was cutting.
Lots of cutting.
Some basic assembly
with masking tape, and I’m mostly happy with the proportions.
Project on pause as I
get my head around some of the internal structure I will want to make
the whole thing strong enough to be dropped. But like how its going
so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment