Then I saw some of the superb mdf ones available for 28mm. Combined with that was the pile of cat food box's I had been keeping for building houses with. An idea was born.
| Parts marked out on cat food box |
| Front and back attached to base |
| Roof added, with an old Traveller 15mm for scale |
Result was
very simple but effective.
It all works
simply, and is quite sturdy when finished. The doors and windows are
pre-marked, and with some judicious cutting its easy to remove the
outer layer and leave either a smooth "window" surface, or
a corrugated roller shutter.
UHU type
glue as a contact adhesive to put it together, then a layer of
masking tape front to back, which covers 3 of the joins on each
side.
To finish I
found that house paint was a good way to seal it all as it doesn’t
soak in and warp the card.
And the final product. Currently have 14 built, and in various stages of decoration. Will maybe get around to posting more pictures, maybe even include the dimensions of all the parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment